Washington, DC May 12, 2009- Reecon Advisors, Inc., an independent real estate economics and information company, today launched Real Estate Economy Watch (realestateconomywatch.com), a new Web site providing insight and intelligence on the residential real estate economy, property values and housing markets.
The site delivers more analysis, fresher insight, expanded data, and more timely commentary than was possible in the weekly Reecon Advisory Report, which the site replaces. Unlike the weekly publication, basic content on the Web site is available at no cost. Real estate brokers, agents, home builders, mortgage lenders, property investors and other real estate professionals will find a wealth of information they can use, including real estate trends, the housing crisis, real estate investment, foreclosures, real estate consumers, economic indicators and indicators of the real estate recovery.
“Never has it been more challenging and more critical to understand the factors shaping the residential real estate markets. Real Estate Economy Watch is designed to help real estate professionals, investors and consumers identify signs of recovery in the residential markets so that they can anticipate challenges and take advantage of opportunities,” said David Lereah, president of Reecon Advisors. The company was co-founded by David Lereah, former chief economist for the National Association of Realtors (NAR) and the Mortgage Bankers Association of America (MBA), and Steve Cook, a public relations professional, journalist and former NAR executive. Real Estate Economy Watch contains:
* Market Commentary. David Lereah offers his insights on the residential real estate marketplace, including how overall economic conditions, government crisis polices and the latest market developments affect real estate sales and property values;
* Real Estate Trends. The latest developments within the industry affecting values, sales and markets;
* Recovery Watch. Monitoring the recovery with the latest data, analysis and market insight;
* Housing Crisis. The latest from Washington on the economic and housing crises and initiatives to address it;
* Foreclosure Situation. Insights into what to expect on the foreclosure front as the market struggles to recover;
* Investment Watch. Monitoring property investment activity and identifying local markets where opportunities exist;
* Consumer Watch. Analysis of consumer confidence and buying patterns in the residential markets;
* Indicators. An analysis of the most vital and current real estate and economic data compiled for easy reference; and
* Real Estate 101. Some basic lessons on how the real estate marketplace works.
Real Estate Economic Watch is published by Reecon Advisors, Inc., an independent real estate economy and information company providing insight, analysis and intelligence for the residential real estate marketplace.
Reecon Advisors is the real estate industry’s leading independent real estate economics and information company, a source of insight, analysis and intelligence on the residential real estate markets. Reecon Advisors publishes Real Estate Economy Watch, a Web site providing information and commentary on the residential real estate economy.
The company focuses its research and intelligence gathering efforts on:
* Residential real estate market activity and trends;
* Lender, builder, real estate brokerage and real estate-related company/industry performance;
* Government actions impacting the performance of the residential real estate markets, particularly government rescue efforts during the financial crisis;
* Investment performance in residential real estate in the context of properties and equities
Reecon Advisors offers the following products/services to clients and subscribers:
* Syndicated Content Products and Newsletters-real estate organizations and companies can integrate our editorial content products into their web sites and the web sites of their members, employees or franchisees. We also provide daily and weekly customized newsletters to distribute to your members or customers.
* Customized Research Reports/Surveys-available to customize research reports and/or surveys to satisfy your research needs.
* Client conference calls/presentations-David Lereah is available to conduct conference calls; presentations; and speeches upon request.
David A. Lereah, president of Reecon Advisors, is a recognized economic expert in the real estate and financial services industries. Dr. Lereah and his research staff were responsible for creating two of the nation’s most powerful real estate indicators-the Mortgage Bankers Association’s Weekly Mortgage Application Indexes and the National Association of Realtor’s Pending Home Sales Index. Dr. Lereah was Senior Vice President and Chief Economist of the National Association of Realtors where he served as the association’s spokesman on the U.S. economy, the housing and real estate markets as well as other economic and policy issues affecting the real estate industry in the U.S. and abroad. He directed the Association’s Research Division, the Regulatory and Industry Relations Division, the Real Estate Services Group and Strategic Planning activities for the Association. Prior to NAR, he was Chief Economist for the Mortgage Bankers Association of America and acted as its Chief Operating Officer with responsibility for the Association’s Research, Business Development, Industry Technology, Education, Marketing, Public Affairs and Meetings divisions. He also had responsibility for the Association’s Research Institute for Housing America and Societas, an international lending institute. He also served as President and Chief Executive Officer of Lender Technologies Corporation - a wholly owned subsidiary of the MBA which specializes in technology and information solutions for the mortgage lending industry.
Lereah was Managing Principal and Chief Executive Officer of Vantage Financial Group, Inc., a consulting company focusing on financial and investment management for the banking and real estate industries. He also was the Chief Economist of Sovran Bank (predecessor of NationsBank and BankAmerica) in Richmond, Virginia, and served on the Asset/Liability and Investment Committees for the holding company. Lereah spent several years as a bank regulator and a Financial Economist for the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation. He also was a member of the American Bankers Association’s Economic Advisory Council. Dr. Lereah began his career on the faculties at the University of Virginia and the Graduate School of Management at Rutgers University, where he specialized in banking issues, market information problems and financial market research.
To provide insight and advice to professionals and companies involved in the real estate sector, Lereah founded Reecon Advisors in 2007. Reecon Advisors publishes the Real Estate Economy Watch. The company also provides real estate content packages for company web sites throughout the nation. In addition, Dr. Lereah is available to conduct customized research projects and advisory consultation.
Steve Cook is Executive Vice President of Reecon Advisors and covers government and industry news for the Reecon Advisory Report. During his 30 year career in public relations and journalism, Cook has been a print and broadcast news correspondent, served two Members of Congress as press secretary, was a senior executive in the world’s largest independent public relations firm in Washington and Chicago and was vice president of public affairs for the National Association of Realtors from 1999 to 2007.
At NAR, Cook supervised external communications including news and editorial coverage, video production, speech writing and communications strategic planning. He helped to manage NAR’s multimillion dollar network advertising program.
Cook is a member of the National Press Club, the Public Relations Society of America and the National Association of Real Estate Editors, where he served as second vice president. Twice he has been named one of the 100 most influential people in real estate. He is a graduate of the University of Chicago, where he was editor of the student newspaper. He has been a television and radio correspondent.
In addition to serving as managing editor of Real Estate Economy Watch, Cook provides public relations consulting services to real estate and financial services companies and trade associations, including some of the leading companies in online residential real estate.
Hristina Toshkova is an analyst at Reecon Advisors and a contributor to Real Estate Economy Watch. She tracks the important housing-related indicators. In addition, she monitors and comments on the housing forecasts released by major industry organizations. She also updates and examines the gains and losses of the real estate equity and property portfolios that Reecon tracks.
Prior to joining Reecon Advisors, Ms. Toshkova worked for the Research division of the National Association of Realtors. As a vital member of the team, Ms. Toshkova divided her time between economic analysis and business development. Most recently she served as the housing economist for the southeastern states and produced monthly economic and housing reports for the major metro areas within those states. She also monitored relevant policy issues and prepared briefings and policy reports to assist those state associations in their lobbying efforts.
Originally from Bulgaria, Ms. Toshkova received her bachelor’s degree in economics from Truman State University and her master’s degree in economics from the Johns Hopkins University.
© 2009 ReeconAdvisoryReport.com, All Rights Reserved
Web Design by WebDesign.tm